Introducing PowerFilm Solar Technology
E-Z-GO introduces PowerFilm Solar Panel technology, a new way to harness the power of the sun to improve the performance of electric golf cars, while providing a simple, cost-effective path to “going green.” This innovative technology is available on the E-Z-GO RXV® and TXT ® electric fleet golf cars, and Freedom® RXV and Freedom TXT electric personal golf cars.
PowerFilm Inc. is an Iowa-based company and an industry leader in developing and manufacturing thin, flexible solar module technology. Through extensive collaboration with the U.S. military, PowerFilm has developed unique, field-ready solar solutions for military use and for other government agencies such as NASA.
The PowerFilm Solar Panel is lightweight, thin and flexible. Its snap-top system, designed exclusively for E-Z-GO, allows for easy installation without requiring canopy replacement or structural reinforcement. Users of the panel can reduce energy costs required to charge and maintain their E-Z-GO electric vehicles by as much as 20 percent annually — depending on local weather conditions and other factors — as compared to the cost of charging vehicles without the PowerFilm solution.
Benefits of the PowerFilm Solar Panel include:
• Increased net driving range. The PowerFilm Solar Panel constantly charges the car’s battery when the vehicle is exposed to sunlight, and decreases the depth of discharge during normal use. Less discharge means longer drive time for the car.
• Easy installation. The panel features a snap-top installation system, exclusively designed for E-Z-GO vehicles. Adding the panel can be done without special tools or any changes to the car’s structure or aesthetics.
• Energy efficient. The solar panel creates, on average, enough electricity per year to offset nearly 100 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions, according to formulas devised by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
• Reduced energy costs. Because less power is required to charge the electric car overnight, users will see a reduction in electricity costs to charge and maintain their electric vehicles.
• Lightweight and durable. Unlike many solar products that are heavy and fragile, PowerFilm’s Solar Panel weighs less than seven pounds and can be easily maintained by car owners. Designed and manufactured using no glass, the PowerFilm Solar Panel will stand up to the rigors of daily use.
Golf facilities can order the PowerFilm system through their E-Z-GO sales representative or authorized distributor. Consumers can purchase the technology a